Your membership at the 14th Street Y gives you options. A lot of them. And while all the options may have been appealing when you first joined, sometimes the challenge of trying something new can intimidate us into sticking with what we know. If you’re tired of the treadmill but need new ideas, try one of these. Or all five!
- The Stairs: You have noticed, of course, that our elevator is getting a modernized make-over. Let this be your inspiration to take a ‘stair challenge’, not just when you’re at the Y but everywhere you go! In our vertical city, the opportunity burn some calories (and your glutes) comes up several times a day. Make it your mission that you’ll climb up to any floor 5 flights or lower.
2. JackRabbit Running Programs: Our friends at JackRabbit are offering multiple FREE group runs every week, leaving from great places like Union Square, upper east side, and central park. Check them out at http://www.jackrabbitsports.com
3. Aqua Aerobics drop-ins: New this fall at the 14th Street Y, you can drop in for Aqua Boot Camp and Aqua Fitness, 6:00PM Monday and Wednesday nights, (space permitting), for $25 bucks a pop. If you’ve ever wanted to try it but not commit to the whole semester, this is for you!
4. Yoga Inversions. The world looks different upside down, and feels different too! Deepen your Yoga practice with this 3 week series on Saturdays at 12:30PM, designed to help reverse the aging process and regulate many of the body’s internal systems. Email Julie at Jgayerkris@14StreetY.org for information. $30 gets you the whole 3 week series!
5. Thursday Evening POP UPS. Every month, Thursday at 7:30PM brings a new class experience. Try Masala Bhangra in September, Belly Dance and Abs in October, Ashtanga Yoga in November, and Center Ring Box and Tone in December. That’s enough variety to take you into the new year with your resolutions already met.