Most summer days are perfect for enjoying outdoor play, but when rain makes sure to drive kids inside, that’s not necessarily a bad thing! Imagination (and maybe a few art supplies) are all that’s needed to make some of your best summer days the rainy ones. Read on for 10 fun ways to have a blast inside this summer.
- Air Fort: You will OFFICIALLY be the coolest parent ever for creating an air fort. Bonus points for being a cool way to beat the heat, too!
- Sticky Spiderweb: MUCH less messy than it sounds–promise!
- Painted Stones: Take a break from the classic paper canvas. These will also make cute grandparent gifts as is or with a magnet glued to the back!
- Huge Roll Of Butcher Paper: Forget paintings for the fridge. This is a mural for the hallway!
- Mini Ice Hockey. We’d also try this with a slightly larger cookie sheet!
- Foam Dough: This one is EXACTLY as messy as it sounds.
- Motor Skill Activities: Specifically for the tiny ones, these activities are designed to keep toddlers occupied but also to develop fine motor skills!
- Sponge Jenga: This one is also just fun to say.
- Indoor Camp Out: There is nothing, repeat, nothing more fun than an indoor camp out. Complete with construction paper fireplace and microwave s’mores of course! You can also try illuminating your faux campfire with string lights!
- Tunnel With Lights: We’re guessing the exterior of this wonder-tunnel will be fun to decorate, too!
Shani Silver is a writer and social media strategist living in Brooklyn, NY. Shani has held writing and editing roles at Refinery29, Free People, Keep.com, and is now the Director of Digital Content at domino.com. Her first love is writing, and she’s found a home for doing what she loves in web-based content. She is originally from Texas visits her family there often.