The internet often serves as an endless encyclopedia or advice column for parents. There’s no shortage of blogs doling out advice to the confused, overwhelmed, or simply the exhausted mommy or daddy. This list is not about advice, it’s about having a laugh–or two–at the fun and often hysterical realities of parenting. Without further delay, here are eight fun blogs to add to your must-reads or your Feedly account, asap.
- Scary Mommy: Only read Scary Mommy if you like laughing out loud–a lot. Brutal honestly and a tendency to call it like is abound in this absolutely refreshing window into parenthood.
- Gay NYC Dad: Not just a blog, but a resource too! (And there are fun giveaways–sold!)
- Illustrated With Crappy Pictures: Parenting-inspired hilarity PLUS original (albeit crappy) artwork? Sign us up!
- You Know It Happens At Your House Too: What is it about an honest approach that really brings the belly laughs? There’s no sugar coating anything with this blog, there’s just a lot of fun, helpful DIYs, and social media gems posted for your reading pleasure.
- People I Want To Punch In The Throat. We had you at the title, didn’t we?
- How To Be A Dad: Real-life parenting tales are the first reason to visit, but this blog will also keep you informed of viral stories and videos circling the web too, just in case you’re a bit too busy to check..you know…every site on the Internet?
- Let Me Start By Saying: This is no fairy tale. This is real life. And in real life, taking your kids to a sprinkler park, and many other places, can be…a challenge.
- That Poor Baby. There is nothing to say other than READ THIS BLOG.
Shani Silver is a writer and social media strategist living in Brooklyn, NY. Shani has held writing and editing roles at Refinery29, Free People, Keep.com, and is now the Director of Digital Content at domino.com. Her first love is writing, and she’s found a home for doing what she loves in web-based content. She is originally from Texas visits her family there often.