This is Christen, our BUFF BRIDE!
Welcome to our BUFF BRIDE’s latest workout! Personal Trainer Jordan has been mixing strength with lots of balance and coordination exercises recently, which is going nicely with Christen’s regular Monday and Wednesday evening Yoga Classes here at the Y. We’ve put in links to explain the exercises that may need some explanation. Try it today and let us know how it’s working for you!
5 min warm up on the elliptical
3 sets of 20 reps performed as a circuit;
- Overhead Knees (crossing the body),
- Toy Soldiers, (Standing opposite arm/leg ext)
Balance and Coordination:
- Lunge Matrix (10 each way, each leg) forward and side lunges;
- Lateral hand and feet walk 10’ down and back with 10 Mountain Climbers at each end.
- Squat to Press with Rotation – 20-24 reps (you’ll love the music in this link!)
- Assisted Pull-ups – 12- 15 reps (on the Y equpiment you stand, rather than kneel. Otherwise this link is a good demo)
- Standing Cable Chest Press – 15-20
- Side Lunges on Bosu – 20-30
Core and Cool-down:
- Plank with leg ext – 16-20 total
- Swiss Ball Hip ext with Roll out– 15-20 (This example includes a back extension as well)
- Swiss Ball Supine Rotation – 20-30
- Basic and Assisted Stretching